We are excited to announce our Spring 2021 PICC: COVID Officer/production training. The Spring 2021 PICC (Production Infection Control Course), is an entirely new version of our prior PICC, with a heavy focus on legal, the current state, and future role of the COVID Compliance Officer or Health & Safety Manager. This course will take place live on Monday March 8th 2021 (NYC time 2pm -14:00)
Despite the advances in treatments and the rollout of very effective vaccines, it’s still a mess out there. The recent decrease in new COVID infections has flatlined. Experts are still concerned because even though the line is flat, it’s still way too many new daily infections.
With the lack of a concrete national strategy, many states have gone in different directions regarding COVID safety, yet our objective has been consistent. We aim to set and maintain a high standard across all sets and locations.
This course will go in-depth regarding the role of COVID compliance officer or Health and Safety Manager. There are tested and proved updates in “best practices” in the world of COVID-19, both from a safety standpoint and legal perspective.
*course outline listed below
- John Cordes, course instructor, an OSHA Authorized Outreach Safety Trainer for General Industry, and an active member of the National Safety Council (NSC) with over 21 years overall experience and a solid 12 years focusing on I.C. (Infection Control). www.rightwayconsulting.com.
- Marc Auerbach HSS & Owner of Safe Production Services February 2020 - present Safe Production Services have now completed over 60 shoots in the post-pandemic world, acting as Covid Safety consultants and supplying compliance, planning, disinfection, PPE supply, briefing, and production management services to media productions encompassing Stills, Fashion, TV, Film, Commercials & Print productions in the tri-state area of New York and beyond. I have operated as a Health Safety Supervisor on all of these shoots. http://safeproductionservices.com
- Thomas Maddrey is the founding member of Maddrey PLLC, a boutique copyright, art, and photography firm in Dallas, TX. He serves as General Counsel for the American Society of Media Photographers, one of the oldest and largest commercial photography trade associations in the United States. Thomas is a member in good standing of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States, the Bar of the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 9th Circuit Courts of Appeals, and the State of Texas. You can contact Thomas at www.maddreypllc.com.
- Samantha Isom (photographer/filmmaker) have 30 years of experience in the photo/video world. I began working with Rightway Consulting, an OSHA compliance consulting company to help educate all of us on safety practices and apply that to our production workplace. www.Samanthaisom.com
INFECTION CONTROL ONLINE COURSE
This course covers the following topics:
The information in this program is based on the education and experience of John Cordes, OSHA Authorized Outreach Safety Trainer for General Industry and represents the best practices at the time of this program's presentation (March 8th, 2021). The materials have been created in light of the CDC and OSHA's prevention of disease spread. Official guidance and recommendations are changing regularly, and you must ensure you are following the current advice of your local, state, and national health authorities. This webinar is informative in nature, and neither Rightway consulting, Safe Production Services, the American Society of Media Photographers, Maddrey PLLC, or the individual panelists can guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this information. While this webinar presents many of the recommendations at this time, the Webinar itself is not medical, legal, or safety advice.
No webinar can adequately cover the nuances of every situation you may encounter, especially given the extensive uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 itself. By participating in this webinar, you understand and agree that the organizers, presenters, and their associates cannot be held liable for any illness or infection that may occur within your business as a result of your reliance on the information presented.
Sign up for the online course!
Production Infection Control Course LIVE Monday, March 8 (EST)
The cost for this course is $100. If you are a current PICC certificate holder and you are viewing this course as an update, the fee is $25, and if this applies, to you, please email PICC@rightwayconsulting.com for instructions on how to register at the discounted rate.
There is a test to follow with a certificate of course completion. Testing info will be given at the culmination of the course.
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Mar 8, 2021 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- 14:00 (2PM) New York
- 13:00 (1PM) Central Time - Chicago
- 11:00 Pacific Time - Los Angeles
Topic: NEW PICC: Covid Officer & Photo/Video COVID Production training
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.